I'll admit that the 11 month post is bitter sweet! Mommy is really having a hard time with the fact that my baby is vanishing. In one short month she will be a 1 year old. The good thing about a preemie is you are allowed to live in denial if you choose. She REALLY is only 8 months (adjusted) and that's okay right?
Again this month she is progressing in leaps and bounds. She is now saying Mama. Previously is was always dada or baba. Whether or not she knows what is means is up to the jury I'm just glad she is developing more language. She is a pretty quiet kid and I think she is behind in this department a fair amount.
She is mobile! In less than a week she has gone from sitting in one place to going everywhere. She is really good at going backwards and spinning in circles. The forward thing is quite a bit harder for her. Sometimes she prefers to roll to get to where she wants. I think she has pretty much given up on pulling herself up on things now that it is more convenient to be flat on the floor for mobility.
She still eats pretty much everything. She really likes paper and loves if things have tags to eat. She is pretty much 100% self fed at home. At daycare she still eats some baby food. She loves hot dogs and can eat a whole one all by herself. She must have a hollow leg. Ella is just over 16 pounds. She is wearing size 2 diapers and fits in 6 month clothes. I do put her in some size 9 but they are quite long. Shoes are still newborn. A couple of brands she can wear 0-3 months! Her hair is really coming in nicely which makes for a very happy Mommy. Still just the 2 little bottom teeth. Hopefully it stays that way because she does bite! This certainly may be a future issue. That and the spitting.
Health wise we have been pretty fortunate. Ears have been much better lately. She did get a lovely infection around her earring. That was awful. I didn't even know that could happen 8 weeks after piercing. We are still using nebulized steroids and will for about another month at least.


She is such a cutie! I can't believe she is already 11 months. It just seems like you just brought her home. Time goes too dang fast.
ReplyDeleteLaura.. she is so amazingly beautiful!! Love the picture of you two on last post. So sweet.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable...happy 11 months Ella!
ReplyDelete